Yesterday on Pinstriped Bible
- Phil Hughes has been moved to the bullpen, David Huff moves into the rotation
- Yankees 6, White Sox 4: Eighth inning rally lifts New York to series win
- Yankees' playoff chances: Handicapping AL wild card race based on remaining schedules
- Yankees' September call-ups: What to expect from Brett Marshall
- JR Murphy is our 52nd customer: Remembering the unmemorable Yankees roster
- Yankees' September call-ups: What to expect from lefty reliever Cesar Cabral
- Swing and a GIF: Matrix-like fielding, Birardi, and Excited Ivan Nova
- Yankees' September call-ups: JR Murphy's first hit, Cesar Cabral's scoreless inning
- Will Derek Jeter exercise his 2014 player option? Should the Yankees want him to?
- Joe Girardi's Binder: Bullpen Guide
- Baby Bomber Recap 9/2/13: Greg Bird walk-off lifts RiverDogs in final game
Around the Internet
- Newsday | Steven Marcus: MLB has announced that executive vice president Rob Manfred and senior vice president Dan Halem will defend Alex Rodriguez's 211-game suspension.
- It's About the Money | Michael Eder: Mark Reynolds has improved since coming to the Yankees, but it's because he's adjusted his mechanics, not because of Pinstripe Rejuvenation.
- Yahoo Sports! | Jeff Passan: Greg Bird and Peter O'Brien were honorable mentions for the all-minor league team.
- Fangraphs | Marc Hulet: JR Murphy is ranked as the 10th best prospect to receive a September call up.
- Fangraphs | Max Weinstein: Chris Stewart and CC Sabathia rank as some of the best pitchers and catchers at controlling the running game.
- New York Post | Joel Sherman: Of all the Yankees that will be free agents at the end of the season, Curtis Granderson, Hiroki Kuroda, and Andy Pettitte might be the most important.
- New York Post | Ken Davidoff: The Yankees have a tough schedule going forward, so they need to beat the weak teams if they want to stay in the race.
- It's About the Money | Brad Vietrogoski: A look at JR Murphy's journey through the minors and impressive 2013 season to the majors.
- ESPN New York | Ian O'Connor: Joe Girardi doesn't want Mariano Rivera to retire.
- It's About the Money | Stacey Gotsulias: There is still hope for the Yankees to make the playoffs.
- Yankees prospect Brett Gerritse has the fifth lowest FIP of any minor league pitcher with at least 100 innings pitched.
- The two wild card playoff games won't be on the same day like last year.
- There will be no November baseball.
- Derek Jeter passed Eddie Collins for ninth place on baseball's all-time hit list.
Questions of the Day
- Did Vernon Wells really steal home?
- How far up the hit list will Derek Jeter finish in his career?
- How often do you do the laundry?
- Do you like Peanut butter and chocolate or peanut butter and nutella more?
Coming Up Today