Yesterday on Pinstriped Bible
- Yankees 5, Giants 1: A-Rod's record-breaking slam fuels Yanks to win
- Alex Rodriguez passes Lou Gehrig for most grand slams all time
- Yankees lineup vs. Giants; Andy Pettitte retires, Austin Romine still out
- Andy Pettitte retirement: News & reactions from around the Internet
- Andy Pettitte retirement: Saying goodbye to Old Reliable once again
- Yankees Prospects: Jim Callis names Greg Bird and Gary Sanchez to his All-Prospect second team
- Extend Brett Gardner? Not so fast
- Yankees' starting pitching conundrum
- Andy Pettitte likely to announce retirement this afternoon
- Yankees Musings: Some random thoughts on Joba, Kuroda, Cabral, Rivera
- It's About the Money | Brad Vietrogoski: Robinson Cano could be the American League MVP if voters see that he along kept the Yankees in contention all year.
- NoMaas | SJK: The Yankees willingly acquired Ichiro Suzuki, Vernon Wells, and Chris Stewart and gave them all enough playing time for them to be among the worst hitters in baseball.
- New York Post | Ken Davidoff: What would baseball be like if the Yankees had traded Mariano Rivera for Felix Fermin all those years ago?
- An A-Blog for A-Rod | Brad Vietrogoski: Do the Yankees trust David Robertson to be the closer in 2014? If not, they need a backup plan.
- It's About the Money | Michael Eder: If Hiroki Kuroda is suffering from fatigue, should the Yankees re-sign him?
- Batting Leadoff | Matthew Provenzano: CC Sabathia's troubles can be linked to the poor control of his changeup, but it can be corrected in 2014.
- Pinstripe Pundits | Derek Albin: Chris Stewart's offense and defense aren't great, but his failures in 2013 aren't really his fault.
- Sports Illustrated | Cliff Corcoran: With Andy Pettitte retiring, who will replace him in the Yankees rotation for 2014?
- Minor League Ball | John Sickels: A review of the 2013 MLB Draft's first rounders' seasons.
- Fangraphs | Paul Swyden: Ex-Yankees David Cone and Dwight Gooden had two of the worst career-ending seasons ever.
- Baseball Nation | Rob Neyer: Andy Pettitte has had such a solid, yet unspectacular career that it makes him the perfect example of a borderline Hall of Fame candidate.
- Ichiro Suzuki donated the jersey he wore when he got his 4,000th hit to the Hall of Fame.
- ESPN New York | Matt Ehalt: Mariano Rivera, Derek Jeter, Vernon Wells, and Alfonso Soriano all the time to talk about Andy Pettitte.
- Bronx Baseball Daily | Greg Corcoran: Looking ahead to 2014, there are plenty of holes to be filled, but maybe if Tyler Austin is moved back to third base, he could become more helpful to the organization in the near future.
Questions of the Day
- Who do you want the Yankees to replace Andy Pettitte with?
- How do you feel about Alex Rodriguez breaking the grand slam record?
- What is your favorite Snapple flavor?
- Would you rather go scuba diving or mountain climbing?
Coming Up Today
- Pinstripe Alley Podcast Episode 24: Greg Bird's nubbins @ 9 am
- Andy Pettitte, Hall of Famer: Is there a case to be made? @ 10 am
- MVP, Cy Young award, and how people vote for them @ 11 am
- New York Yankees @ San Francisco Giants at 1:05 pm (Game Thread at 12:30 pm)