Yesterday on Pinstriped Bible
- After Biogenesis can we see the light at the end of the PED tunnel?
- Yankees 3, Padres 6: Offense fails to make up deficit that Hughes leaves behind
- Biogenesis suspensions expected to be announced at noon Monday
- Derek Jeter, Michael Pineda, and David Phelps all facing injury reevaluations
- Yankees Prospects: Andrew Brackman quits baseball to pursue basketball and a new identity
- Yankees lineup vs. Padres; Aaron Judge already on the disabled list
- Yankees offense: Patience is a virtue
- Is Derek Jeter done as an every day shortstop?
- Baby Bomber Recap 8/3/13: Greg Bird homers in Charleston loss
Around the Internet
- Fox Sports | Ken Rosenthal: MLB and Alex Rodriguez need to agree to a settlement before the sport of baseball gets wrapped up in a drawn out legal process that could hurt the league more than it helps.
- Yahoo! Sports | Jeff Passan: It sounds like Bud Selig will not revoke A-Rod's right to an appeal, so he could be playing for the Yankees just hours after being suspended.
- LoHud | Chad Jennings: Alex Rodriguez talks about his on-field performance and says he will be going to Chicago no matter what.
- New York Post | Ken Davidoff: A-Rod's latest rehab game could be the last time he steps foot on a field even if he doesn't want to acknowledge that fact.
- New York Post | Joel Sherman: Alex Rodriguez's contract is not the worst ever because he performed well and he increased attendance.
- New York Post | Joel Sherman: Even if MLB and the Yankees have a vendetta against Alex Rodriguez, it doesn't matter because he still took steroids.
- Newsday | Erik Boland: Despite his terrible season, CC Sabathia still thinks he can turn it around simply because it can't get much worse.
- MLB Daily Dish | Matt Sullivan: The Yankees have a use for Michael Young, Alex Rios, and Michael Morse if they want to try and trade for a player through the waiver wire.
- ESPN MLB | Wallace Matthews: Michael Pineda was pulled from his latest minor league start with shoulder stiffness.
- ESPN New York | Wallace Matthews: Derek Jeter said that the 2013 season has been a nightmare, for him and for the team, after his latest brush with injury.
- The Yankees might have already been informed of the decision to suspend Alex Rodriguez through 2014.
- If A-Rod loses his appeal he could end up being suspended into 2015.
- Derek Jeter has a mild calf strain, but it's still undecided if he'll go on the disabled list or not.
- Joe Girardi might continue to play Derek Jeter because it's near the end of the season.
- Saxon Butler has been promoted to Double-A Trenton.
- Vernon Wells might play first base sometime this week.
Questions of the Day
- What non-Cano free agent do the Yankees need to sign in the offseason the most?
- Should the Yankees put Phil Hughes on waivers and try to trade him?
- If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What kind of a device are you currently on?
Coming Up Today
- Baby Bomber Recap 8/4/13 @ 9 am
- Alex Rodriguez: Distraction From What? @ 10 am
- ESPN presents: "The Suspension - An interview with Bud Selig" @ 11 am
- The Suspension @ 12 pm
- New York Yankees @ Chicago White Sox at 8:10 pm (Game Thread at 7:30 pm)