Yesterday on Pinstriped Bible
- Yankees 3, Tigers 9: Tigers tee off against Hughes
- Yankees lineup vs. Tigers; Alex Rodriguez and Francisco Cervelli to be disciplined by organization
- Yankees prospects: 2013 mid-season top five
- Baby Bomber Recap 8/9/13: Melky Mesa grand slam powers RailRiders
Around the Internet
- Grantland | Gabe Feldman: A breakdown of the arguments Alex Rodriguez might use during his suspension appeal.
- New York Post | Joel Sherman: As the season gets away from the Yankees, Mariano Rivera, the most loved player, and Alex Rodriguez, the most hated player, take center stage.
- NotGraphs | Dayn Perry: Apparently Mariano Rivera's retirement ceremony could involve oregano in a ziplock bag.
- The Hardball Times | Greg Simons: A look back through all the events that have occurred throughout Alex Rodriguez's career that have led him to be the most criticized player in baseball.
- NoMaas | SJK: A survey on Twitter asking what the fans would do if they ran the Yankees.
- Alex Rodriguez says that his reception at Yankee Stadium was so much better than he expected.
- Alfonso Soriano says he feels a little lost at the plate right now and that it's hard to ignore 2,000 hits.
Questions of the Day
- Out of CC Sabathia, Phil Hughes, and Andy Pettitte, who do you think is the most likely to turn it around for the rest of the season?
- What positions should the Yankees look to fill on the free agent market in the offseason?
- What is a movie that you used to like, but are now sick of?
- What is your current obsession?
Coming Up Today