With March beginning to feel like a crawl again, it might be hard to believe that Opening Day is still right around the corner. The Yankees will face the Blue Jays on April 1st, and we want your help to keep the Pinstripe Alley writing staff in tip-top shape. We were glad to see our pal Ryan Chichester land a new job with WFAN, but with the regular season dawning, we need someone to step in and fill his shoes.
The new writer will be expected to complete three articles per week. These posts can be analysis pieces and editorials, or game recaps. This is a paid position with a monthly stipend.
If you think you’re game, please apply! The application process is pretty straightforward, and we’re a pretty enjoyable bunch to talk about baseball and all sorts of other things with, if I do say so myself.
We’re looking for smart writers who know how to put together engaging articles and have the attention to detail to not make careless typos. It’s a plus if you have any familiarity with the data provided by Baseball Reference, FanGraphs, Baseball Prospectus, and Baseball Savant (Statcast).
For your writing sample, you may either do both No. 1 AND No. 2 ...
1. Answer the following prompt in no fewer than 550 words: “Which Yankees player do you think is the X-factor for the 2021 season, and why?”
2. Pitch an original topic idea that you might write about at some point for an additional article when you’re on the writing staff.
... or you may do No. 3:
3. Pitch an original topic idea AND write about it in no fewer than 550 words.
Details to submit are below.
How to Apply
1. Submit your article as a FanPost - If you’re already a member of the PSA community, you can apply by writing a FanPost, though we ask that you indicate at the top of the post that you’d like to be considered for a writing position. If you’re new and want to get familiar with the community, the registration form can be found at the bottom of each page.
2. Send us an email - Send your article in a .docx or .pdf attachment to pinstripealleyblog [at] gmail [dot] com. Please include “New Writer Application” in the subject line.
Please have your submissions in by 11:59 pm ET on Friday, March 26th. Thank you!
Vox Media is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. Everyone is encouraged to apply, including women, LGBTQ people, people of color, and people with disabilities.