Rumors continue to swirl between the Yankees and Dallas Keuchel. It seems like a new update comes out every hour. To help you stay organized, Pinstripe Alley will keep track of all of the news in one live blog. Check back here frequently for the latest information on the free agent left-hander.
Note: It’s important to remember that these are rumors, and should be taken with a grain of salt. Teams and agents posture, selectively releasing information in a way that benefits them.
Rumors of the Day (June 6, 2019)
- The Braves are now the favorites to sign Keuchel, reports Mark Feinsand. The Yankees are involved, but not to the extent of Atlanta. Sounds familiar.
- Per Andy Martino, the Yankees prefer to stick to a one-year deal with Keuchel, and now face increased competition from the St. Louis Cardinals, Minnesota Twins, and Atlanta Braves.
Rumors of the Day (June 5, 2019)
- According to David O’Brien, the Yankees are “deep in negotiations” with Keuchel. The Braves and other teams appear in the background.
Rumors of the Day (June 4, 2019)
- The Yankees may not have the high bid for Keuchel, nor will they give him the multi-year deal he wants, reports Kristie Ackert.
- With all offers being equal, Keuchel reportedly prefers to pitch in New York, per Feinsand on WFAN.
- The Yankees are believed to have offered Keuchel the prorated portion of the qualifying offer and “won’t budge” on that number, according to George King.
- A Keuchel resolution could come “relatively soon”, explains Andy Martino. Hopefully that means after today’s draft coverage.
- Mark Feinsand reports that the Yankees are among the favorites—if not “true favorite”—to land Keuchel. The Braves are also strongly in the mix.
Reminder: This is not an open thread. Please keep comments on topic. Thank you.