It’s hard to believe, but the Yankees have been rained out yet again. The team announced that tonight’s game against the Royals will be rescheduled for tomorrow, in a split doubleheader. Game one will take place at 1:05 PM, while first pitch for the second round is scheduled for 7:05 PM.
The pitching lineup is as follows:
Yankees rotation plans for the weekend:— Coley Harvey (@ColeyHarvey) July 27, 2018
Luis Severino (Game 1 Sat)
CC Sabathia (Game 2 Sat)
J.A. Happ (Sunday)*
Masahiro Tanaka (Tuesday vs Baltimore)
*Happ still hasn’t yet made it to New York because of weather/travel issues.
Fans who had tickets to tonight’s game may use them tomorrow evening. There are still tickets available for game one available on StubHub. You can purchase yours by clicking here.
With no game tonight, it’s a good time to catch up on today’s stories:
- The Aaron Judge injury dominated the headlines. Brett weighed the internal options, while Tom pondered the implications on the AL East race.
- If the Yankees need to go outside the club for help, Curtis Granderson could be a fit.
- Domingo German has been sidelined with ulnaritis, further testing the team’s pitching depth. It’s a good thing the club acquired J.A. Happ, isn’t it?
- Speaking of Happ, Erik explored just how much can the Yankees expect him to contribute down the stretch.
- Get up to speed on what new Yankees relief pitcher Zach Britton brings to the table.
In the meantime, feel free to use this as your open thread for the night.