The other day while browsing random Yankee videos on Youtube, I ran across something pretty neat. I was able to find two sets of videos of Robinson Cano and Chien-Ming Wang as Staten Island Yankees from August 25, 2002. Cano and Wang, then 19 and 22 years old, respectively, were the headliners in a game between the Staten Island Yankees and the New Jersey Cardinals. Also making appearances were Bronson Sardinha (career .333/.417/.333 hitter in 12 plate appearances, all in 2007 for the Yankees) and Kevin Thompson (career .215/.311/.354 hitter in 75 plate appearances with the Yankees and Athletics), as well as a few others.
Anyway, below are the two videos. Both are a little over one half hour long and the second video ends after the top of the fifth. Cano had two at-bats, with the first coming at the 20 minute mark in the first video and his second AB coming eight minutes in the second video. Enjoy.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Bjoez7qHRFI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NH34c4hY890" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
More from Pinstriped Bible:
- The 10 greatest moments of Andy Pettitte's career (#10-6)
- Yankees honor Rivera and Pettitte, but is farewell to arms also goodbye to the future?
- Yankees Prospects: Potential high-strikeout relievers
- Six Yankees place on Baseball America's top 20 Gulf Coast League prospect list
- Yankees can play spoiler versus Rays