Yesterday on Pinstriped Bible
- Kevin Youkilis injury: Will undergo surgery on herniated disc and miss 10-12 weeks
- Yankees lineup vs. Dodgers, Almonte officially called up, Rondon promoted
- Is Robinson Cano the best second baseman of this era?
- Mark Teixeira to the DL, Adam Warren and (maybe) Zoilo Almonte up
- 2013 MLB Trade Rumors: Yankees' first baseman trade targets
- Who’s sorry now? Apologies excepted as Dodgers return to the Bronx
- Yankees vs. Dodgers series preview with Eric Stephen of True Blue LA
- Baby Bomber Recap 6/17/13: Michael O'Neill picks up two hits in Staten Island's season opener
Around the Internet
- Life Support - Times of Trenton | John Nalbone: The Trenton Thunder's season is doomed and not even Gary Sanchez or rehabbing major leaguers can save it.
- Behind the Scenes - It's About the Money | Brad Vietrogoski: Brian Cashman has said some pretty surprising things about the Yankees' management this season, but is it a trend?
- The Return - LoHud | Chad Jennings: Joe Girardi and Brian Cashman talk about the return of Don Mattingly to Yankee Stadium.
- Relief Corps - Baseball Prospectus | Josh Norris: Fans often complain about the lack of quality starters from the Yankees farm system, but the Thunder's beat writer looks at the relievers the team has drafted and developed to show that the organization has something to be proud of.
- Same Darn Problems - New York Post | Joel Sherman: The 2013 Yankees have a lot in common with the 2012 Red Sox, however, this team won't be able to sell off their expensive players by the end of it.
- Return to the Bronx - LoHud | Chad Jennings: Don Mattingly talks about his job security and his playing career as he returns to Yankee Stadium for the first time.
- Three Thoughts - Fangraphs | Jeff Sullivan: Vernon Wells has had a season of extremes and is one of the rare players who has more infield pop ups than extra base hits.
- The Yankees traded Charles Basford for Fernando Martinez and will use him to fill the Scranton outfield.
- Mark Teixeira had altered his mechanics to compensate for wrist discomfort and Kevin Long took notice.
- The Yankees signed 21st round draft pick Ethan Carnes for $75,000.
Questions of the Day
- Who is the worst player on the team?
- Who could be the next minor leaguer to be called up?
- What's the farthest south you have ever been?
- What is your favorite song to drive to?
Coming Up Today
- Baby Bomber Recap 6/18/13: Thunder hit three home runs in one inning and snap losing streak @ 9 am
- Defining And Identifying Yankee Aces @ 11 am
- New York Yankees vs. Los Angeles Dodgers at 1:00 pm & 7:05 pm (Game Thread at 12:30 & 6:30 pm)