Yesterday on Pinstriped Bible
- Last night's Yankee game was postponed, thanks to mother nature
- Francisco Cervelli sits, and really, that's okay
- Know Your 40: CC Sabathia
- Baby Bomber Recap 4/9/13: Cito Culver homers twice. No really.
Around the Internet
- Keeping Things Simple - The Star-Ledger | Andy McCullough: Travis Hafner has simplified his hitting mechanics to improve his production at the plate and so far it has paid off.
- Outfield Changes - New York Post | Joel Sherman: When Curtis Granderson returns to the Yankees there will need to be a roster shuffle to make room for him.
- Stick Michael Principle - ESPN New York | Andrew Marchand: Vernon Wells has been successful so far and using the Stick Michael principle of using star players on the downside of their career has given the Yankees a potentially productive player for 2013.
- Hockey - Los Angeles Times | Helene Elliott: The NHL wants to play a game inside a baseball stadium and Yankee Stadium is their preferred venue.
- Captain's Log - Grantland | Mark Lisanti: Read Derek Jeter's 'diary' as he attempts to come back from a broken ankle.
- Insurance Plan - The Star-Ledger | Andy McCullough: The Yankees are trying Brennan Boesch out at first base, likely as insurance in case Mark Teixeira isn't able to come back.
- Rotation: Phil Hughes will make the start today and the Yankees will skip Ivan Nova.
- Streak: Joe Girardi discusses the Yankees' winning streak.
- Prospects: The two prospects most likely to make an impact at the MLB level are Slade Heathcott and Tyler Austin.
- Promotion: This is a t-shirt the Pirates are giving out. This is real.
- Buy Yankees Tickets: Through TiqIQ
Questions of the Day
- Would you rather play a rained out game now while they're hot or later when the team is at full strength?
- Who would be the worst player the Yankees could trade for?
- Do you prefer the beach or the pool?
- What is your one food weakness?
Coming Up Today
- Generational GIFs: Jorge Posada and the elusive left field upper deck homer @ 8 am
- Baby Bomber Recap 4/10/13: Eleven run inning leads RiverDogs past the Power @ 9 am
- MLB needs to honor forgotten heroes of "42"
- Circumstances: A great Rush song and why the Yankees aren't doomed quite yet. @ 12 pm
- The next great strategy: Bunting? @ 3 pm
- New York Yankees at Cleveland Indians @ 7:05 pm (Game Thread @ 6:30 pm)