Yesterday on Pinstriped Bible
- Making the Team Meter: Yankees Spring Training Hitters - Week Three
- Making the Team Meter: Yankees Spring Training Pitchers - Week Three
- Fangraphs' Top 15 Yankee Prospects List
Around the Internet
- Stop Worrying - It's About the Money | Michael Eder: IIATMS discusses the Brennan Boesch signing and tries to make sense of his declining performance that led to the Tigers releasing him in the first place. From a mix of injuries and bad luck, Boesch might have fallen into bad habits that can hopefully be corrected.
- Winners/Losers - It's About the Money | Brad Vietrogoski: IIATMS identifies the winners and losers for the first half of Spring Training. The winners are Juan Rivera, Kevin Youkilis, Brennan Boesch, and Vidal Nuno and the losers are Jayson Nix, Matt Diaz, Cody Eppley, and Adam Warren.
- Still Shopping - New York Post | Dan Martin: The Yankees have signed Ben Francisco and Brennan Boesch, but they might still be looking for help elsewhere. Brian Cashman says that there are still other players not on the Yankees that they are watching.
- Yankees vs. StubHub - DNA Info | Patrick Wall: Now that the Yankees have dumped StubHub and created their own resale service, StubHub is opening their own pickup center across the street from Yankee Stadium. The Yankees are not having any of it and are openly pursuing their options in stopping the company.
- Worldwide Draft - CBS Sports | Mike Axisa: Major League Baseball is attempting to implement a worldwide draft that would set up a system to limit the amount of money that can be spent on international free agents who don't qualify for the current Rule IV draft.
- Big Progress - CBS Sports | Jon Heyman: Yankee prospect Jose Ramirez ranked #37 on a list of the top 40 players who have made progress this spring. He impressed scouts, but ultimately doesn't seem ready. He'll start the year in Double-A for the first time.
- Sim Game: Phil Hughes threw in a simulated game on Monday and looked good and felt healthy. He threw 41 pitches this time and he will throw 50-55 in a minor league game next. His back seems to be fine and he's on schedule for his April 7 start to begin the season.
- To the Minors: Mariano Rivera and Andy Pettitte pitched for minor league teams. Rivera broke a bat and actually pitched two innings.
- Home Run Trot: This kid hits a home run and turns into Manny Ramiez and David Ortiz. Hilarious.
Questions of the Day
- Who do you think should/will win the last five roster spots?
- What should the Yankees do if Boone Logan and Clay Rapada aren't healthy to start the season?
- Who would play you in a movie?
- If you could travel to any country where would you go?
Coming Up Today
- Know Your 40: Michael Pineda by Tanya @ 9 am
- The Real Reason Bud Selig Will Not Retire by Craig @ 11 am
- New York Yankees at Philadelphia Phillies @ 1:05 pm (Game Thread @ 12:30 pm)