After storming out of his arbitration hearing this morning because of a ruling that Bud Selig would not have to testify in his appeal, Alex Rodriguez appeared on WFAN with Mike Francesa to angrily spill his feelings on the Commissioner and the arbitration process he feels is unfair.
If you missed it, you can listen to the audio of the appearance in the embedded player below, courtesy of The Big Lead.
If you'd like to see the video, you can check it out on The Big Lead here.
Among the points of interest in the interview, A-Rod denies use of steroid use in connection to the Biogenesis clinic, blasts Selig for refusing to face him and explain his reasoning for the 211-game ruling, and accuses the Commissioner of hating New York.
The longer this case rolls on, the more twisted it gets. A-Rod has come across many times as artificial, but he seems legitimately upset by what has transpired behind closed doors in the arbitration hearing, for whatever that is worth. Rodriguez was set to testify after the Commissioner, but he says that he will not return unless Selig comes in and testifies himself. This case seems destined for a higher court at this point, and it's likely to continue getting uglier for the duration.
More from Pinstripe Alley:
Follow @pinstripealley Follow @SBNationMLB
- Alex Rodriguez Appeal Hearing: MLB makes statement, likely headed to federal court
- Alex Rodriguez storms out of appeal hearing
- Biogenesis: MLB under investigation to find out if documents were stolen from Department of Health
- MLB Free Agent Signings: Who the Yankees missed out on
- Yankees offseason: Five most pivotal players