The Yankees are in fourth place at 21-21, the first time they've been .500 this late in the season since 2008... If that doesn't ring a bell, it's the only season since 1993 they didn't make the playoffs. How worried are you?
- The Sox did, however, lose one of their better players, as Cody Ross will be out indefinitely with a fractured left foot.
- The Yanks have a few more players to add to their own injury list: LHP Manny Banuelos and IF Eduardo Nunez (both to the 7-day DL). It's Manny's second DL trip this season. Not good for a guy looking to make an impact with the big club this season.
- Babe Ruth's 1920 Yankees jersey became the "most expensive sport artifact ever sold at auction" after selling for $4.4M on Sunday.
- On a related note, David Wells sold the Babe Ruth cap he bought (and wore) in 1997 for more than $500K, and will make a six-figure donation to his old high school, Point Loma in San Diego. FYI, Wells bought the cap for just $35K. Nice investment.
- A road rage incident in Dodger Stadium's parking lot led to four men getting arrested after beating another man.
- Jose Canseco is back in professional baseball! Watch his four plate appearances for the Worcestor Tornadoes against the Newark Bears.