There was speculation that Rafael Soriano had been named the closer after he appeared in last night's save situation rather than David Robertson. It turns out D-Rob was suffering from a sore oblique muscle. He'll go for tests today to determine the severity.
- Despite Mark Teixeira's big game last night, he hasn't quite lived up the high expectations he had when he signed a huge, eight-year deal before the 2009 season. (Come back at 8 a.m. for more on this.)
- Marc Carig of the Star-Ledger did some good work on the offense and its struggles.
- A couple of ex-All Stars, Andruw Jones and Raul Ibanez, are paying big dividends off the bench.
- Learn more about the next five players Derek Jeter will surpass on the all-time hits list.
- Several fans have filed a lawsuit against MLB regarding (in essence) the territorial rights that give rise to the infamous blackout rules we all hate. Good luck, it's going to be an uphill battle.