Who's America's favorite male athlete? Why the Yankees' own Derek Jeter of course, with Peyton Manning and Koba Bryant trailing him. Serena Williams was tops among female athletes.
- I'm sure you've heard that the man who caught Jeter's 3000th hit will have taxes levied on him for the gifts the Yankees have him in exchange for the ball. And while several companies have offered to help with the extra taxes, that "help" may also cause problems with the IRS.
- Ubaldo Jimenez could be targeted for a trade by Brian Cashman. If you were in his shoes, who would you offer for the inconsistent but occasionally dominant righty (sounds like A.J.)?
- Rafael Soriano is scheduled to throw a third batting practice session today during his rehab from an "inflamed right elbow." If it goes well, he'll visit a minor league affiliate for a rehab assignment.
- Brett Gardner is emerging as one of the best defenders and baserunners in the game. He probably should have been an All-Star this year, but hopefully his time will come in the near future.
- There have been a slew of good interviews over the last few days:
- And me.