Are the Marlins more or less willing to trade Hanley Ramirez now that they've inked SS Jose Reyes? Would the Yankees even be interested?
- The Yanks, who've had interest in Hiroki Kuroda before, could sign the 36-year-old free-agent this offseason. The Japanese import has been consistently good in four seasons with Los Angeles: 3.45 ERA (114 ERA+), 699 IP, 1.19 WHIP, 3.2 K/BB.
- The White Sox reportedly asked for both Jesus Montero and Manny Banuelos (the Yanks' top two prospects) for LHP John Danks. Uh-huh, sure thing Kenny Williams.
- A report popped up yesterday that the Nationals had offered C.J. Wilson a six-year deal, but that was quickly shot down.
- In non-hot stove news, the Yankees, way back in 1915, wanted to build a stadium on 42nd street in Manhattan. It's fascinating to consider how that would've changed, not just the history of the club, but of the city of New York.
- The 10 most expensive pieces of Yankee memorabilia.
- Ron Santo was elected to the Hall of Fame. Jim Kaat fell two votes short.