- Among the season's biggest stories, two involved the Bombers. The first was Derek Jeter's 3000th hit, of course, that came on 3-2 pitch from David Price that Jeter drove over the left field wall; that was a truly memorable day. Then it was Mariano Rivera's 602nd save, against Minnesota, at the end of September.
- You probably all remember the winner for Defensive Performance of the Year. I wish I didn't.
- After losing Albert Pujols, the Cardinals filled some of the void with Carlos Beltran, who they've signed for two years ($26M).
- The Cubs made a pair of signings yesterday: former-Ray Andy Sonnanstine and former-Rockie Manny Corpas.
- This year's Pinstripe Bowl will feature Rutgers (8-4) and Iowa State (6-6) facing off on Dec. 30.