Sorry for the delay, folks. Finals have gotten the better of me this week. Anyway, here's what's going on in Yankees Universe right now.
- According to a baseball official with direct knowledge of the process, the Yankees did place a bid on Yu Darvish. It is not expected to be a large bid. On the flip side, the AL East upstart Blue Jays are rumored to have placed a "whopper of an offer." The Rangers' bid is expected to be in the $40-49MM range.
- According to Ken Rosenthal, the Yankees are mulling over the possibilities of a sign-and-trade of Hiroyuki Nakajima.
- Joe Pawlikowski wonders what Josh Willingham's new contract will tell us about Nick Swisher's upcoming deal. Will he even get a raise?
- Mike Axisa took a look at Jesus Montero and opposite field power. Before clicking the link, who do you think the top three right-handed hitters were when going to right field?
- What do you think of this trade proposal from ESPN's Jim Bowden that would send Felix Hernandez to New York? Andrew Marchand thinks it is all moot anyway, since Mariners GM Jack Zduriencik told him he will not be trading his ace.