What, exactly, have the New York Yankees done to tick off the injury Gods?
Wednesday was another day and, of course, another injury to report for the Yankees. This time it was Nick Swisher, who is day-to-day with bicep tightness. This does not sound like a bad injury, but you have to admit the injury thing is getting a bit ridiculous.
Maybe the Yanks and Tigers will get rained out today. Might be the only way no Yankee players get hurt.
- Some guy named Mariano Rivera got into a game for the first time in two weeks last night. Great line from Mo on finding his way to the mound. "I got a little map," he said.
- So, Jay-Z and Eminem will perform the first concert at the new Yankee Stadium. I'm sure that's big news for many of you. For me, though, let's just say their music is not my cup of tea.
- In the better late than never category,a belated Happy Birthday to 85-year-old Yogi Berra. Check out this fantastic slideshow for a look at Yogi through the years.
- How good has Phil Hughes been? Good enough for Joe Girardi to say this last night. "We envisioned him being a very good starter coming out of spring training, but he’s probably went beyond that." Is anyone going to disagree with the statement that Hughes, 5-0 with a 1.38 ERA, has been the Yanks' best pitcher?
- Here is a great story about one-time top Yankee prospect Alan Horne and his struggle to save his career.