Easily the best win of the season last night. A 5-4 come-from-behind victory with a three-run rally off the tremendous Joe Nathan. Hopefully, it spurs the Yankees to a terrific homestand.
The Yankees are 18-17. Let's hope they can win today and leave the .500 mark behind for good.
- Brett Gardner had a fabulous game (3-for-3, inside the park home, triple, single) after taking over for the ejected Johnny Damon. Gardner had a secret weapon. Here's hoping that Joe Girardi has Gardner in the lineup today, and gives the scuffling Nick Swisher a day off.
- Peter Abraham lists Friday night's heroes.
- It was a quiet night for Alex Rodriguez in his first game at the new Yankee Stadium.
- Following the game, Mark Teixeira voiced his unhappiness with Minnesota's Carlos Gomez. Tex was fortunate not to be seriously hurt in the 8th inning when Gomez ran into him.
- Joba Chamberlain pitches today. Opponents are hitting .481 off Joba in the first inning, and he knows he needs to fix that.
- Jim Leyritz said he was "very stressed out," but not suicidal as had been reported this week. Considering Leyritz' situation, charged with DUI manslaughter, I have little sympathy for him.