Here is a look around the Inter-Google at today's stories making news in the Yankee Universe.
- The Yankees had a little fun at Brett Gardner's expense following his first career home run Wednesday night. Personally, I had more fun watching Gardner's triple. When the ball shot past Toronto center fielder Vernon Wells I was hoping Gardner would try for an inside-the-park home run. Either way, nice night for Gardner.
- Here's an injury update on the Yankees' walking wounded. Best news in here is that Brian Bruney is getting closer to returning to the Yankee bullpen.
- Party-pooper Joel Sherman of the New York Post had to go and point out all the things that have gone wrong for the Yankees -- and are still wrong -- after Wednesday's nice victory.
- A young right-hander I had never heard of until this morning -- Hector Noesi -- is getting noticed after throwing 27.1 consecutive scoreless innings at Class A Charleston. That includes seven no-hit innings Wednesday night.
- Ken Davidoff looks at Don Mattingly's probable future as a big-league manager.
- Pete Rose says Alex Rodriguez should not be denied induction into the Hall of Fame when that time comes. So, umm, Pete even if we agree why should we care what you think?