Chad Jennings brings some interesting notes:
Coming into the game with two on and two outs in the fifth, Claggett struck out power threat John Mayberry to end the inning, propelling the Yankees into that six-run sixth. "The out Claggett got, it was still a 4-3 game," Miley said. "So that gave us a little bit of momentum heading into the next inning."
The line for the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre bullpen: 4.1 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 4 K. Johnson's walk in the fourth was the Yankees only walk of the night. Mark Melancon struck out three in two innings.
If you didn't catch the unveiling of the AAA roster, take a look at that pitching staff.
Phil Hughes, IPK, Igawa, Jason Johnson (tonight's starter) and Al Aceves in the rotation.
In the bullpen:
- Anthony Claggett (Sheffield trade)
- JB Cox (TJ recoveree)
- Steven Jackson (I watched him closely a couple years ago in the AFL. A couple years is a long time for a prospect)
- Zac Kroenke (Rule 5 to the Marlins, now back; the only lefty in the pen)
- Mark Melacon (the One)
- Sergio Mitre (TJ recoveree+ 50 game suspension for banned substance)
- David Robertson (first man up?)
- Brett Tomko (the closer, and the only member of the bullpen born in the '70s [04-07-1973])