Here is a look around the Inter-Google at what is being written and said about your New York Yankees on this April Fool's Day.
- Alex Rodriguez is pushing to return earlier than expected from his hip surgery. Personally, I would like to see him be cautious and not try to come back too soon.
- It is High, It is Far, It is ... Caught has some off-the-wall ideas for how to replace Bob Sheppard as Yankees' public address announcer. I vote for giving the job to John Sterling so we don't have to listen to him on the radio anymore.
- Buster Olney figures the recently-released Gary Sheffield is going to have a difficult time finding a new team.
- Baseball Prospectus has a history lesson for the Yankees when it comes to the use of agin shortstops. Around the Yankee Universe, this is a topic that isn't going to go away.
- Baseball Musings uses some statistical analysis from FanGraphs to preview the AL East, and comes away predicting that the Yankees should win the division.