Yes, Wang is out at least 10 weeks.
- In June, the Yanks are averaging 5.38 runs per game. Compared to 4.31 in April and 4.43 in May.
- The pitching has actually been better than last year (on average). 2007's starters pitched a 4.57 ERA with a 1.43 WHIP. 2008's starters have been a little less lucky, a 4.67 ERA but a 1.41 WHIP. If the offense would score some runs, the relievers would been a story. In 2007, they were bad; a 4.37 ERA and a 1.44 WHIP. 2008- 3.46 ERA and a 1.26 WHIP.
- After hitting .164/.315/.411 in April, Giambi dominated May (.315/.446/.644) and has continued into June (.364/.481/.818). Anytime you talk about an on-base plus slugging percentage over 1.000 you're talking about one of the 4 or 5 best players in the majors. Jason Giambi has been that so far.
- Jorge Posada is quietly hitting .326/.406/.528.
- The Yankees have 4 players hitting over .320- Arod, Damon, Matsui and Posada. Only Damon's OBP is below .400, at .392.
- As a team, the Yanks have a .342 OBP and a .430 Slugging- good for third in both categories in the AL.
- Even Cano has been getting in on the act, 5 hits in the last 3 games.