I'm feeling a little under the weather today, so this is just a quicky.
- Wang lost his arbitration hearing yesterday. Randy Levine:
"It should be noted that the $4 million figure which we submitted is the highest arbitration award ever for a first-time arbitration-eligible starting pitcher. Therefore, this should not be viewed as `a loss' for Chien-Ming Wang. He is a valuable member of our team and we felt that we had reflected this in our filing number."
- Hank is running his mouth. And maybe preparing to run Brian Cashman out of town:
"My concern is the same that it's always been: I'd like to have a great ace pitcher like everybody else would," Steinbrenner said. "I'd love to have a Santana or a (Josh) Beckett. Hopefully that's not a move we should have made that I'm going to be (ticked off) about.No pressure, big guy.
"I think by the end of the season, we could have that in Chamberlain."
- Keep a close on Scott Kazmir's performance this season. The 2007 AL strikeout champ could be up for grabs. h/t MBTR.
- It's a good thing that Joba and Andrew Brackman won't be diving back to firstbase very often.
- Pete A. also has a hilarious story about Carl Pavano.
Click the link, I promise it's worth it.