Chad Jennings has the details.
- Juan Miranda will start the year splitting 1B/DH with Eric Duncan.
"Last year he was a college senior playing Triple-A," Newman said.
- Mark Melancon and JB Cox will be ready for Opening Day, but will likely start the season down to in Tampa to avoid the chilly Northeast April.
- Humberto Sanchez won't be ready for opening day. I'd been holding out hope he'd be ready to play. He reached AAA as a starter with the Tigers before the Sheffield trade, and I think that he could be Joba-esque out of the pen.
- Nick Green will be in camp. If the Yankees decide to carry an extra infielder (in addition to Betemit and Duncan), Green will have competition with Alberto Gonzalez for that spot.
- All hands will be on deck for the Yankee bullpen, both in Spring Training and all season.
It's December 19th, and it's snowing in Scranton. Damn it.
Update [2007-12-20 1:37:3 by jscape2000]: Sweet. The Royals signed Ron Mahay. Which means the Yankees didn't.
I couldn't be happier.