Last Time on Pinstripe Alley
- It's About the Money | Brad Vietrogoski: Brian Roberts is a bad Plan D for the Yankees after they missed out on everyone else.
- Baseball Japan World | Iyasu: Masahiro Tanaka talks about his desire to come to pitch in America.
- ESPN: The Yankees have been hit with a $28 million luxury tax penalty for the 2013 season.
- Baseball America | Ben Badler: Masahiro Tanaka formally requested that he be posted by his Japanese team, but the Golden Eagles are still trying to convince him to stay.
- ESPN New York | Andrew Marchand: The Yankees are likely to go in for Tanaka or else sign no pitcher at all.
- New York Post | George A. King III: The cheap signings of Brian Roberts and Matt Thornton are likely the Yankees saving money for Masahiro Tanaka.
- Fangraphs | Eno Sarris: The Yankees search for infield help though a sea of uninteresting bodies on the free agent and trade market.
- LoHud | Chad Jennings: It makes sense to wait on Mark Reynolds because the Yankees have to wait and see what will happen with Alex Rodriguez.
- Baseball Nation | Rob Neyer: Alex Rodriguez might be writing a memoir about his life, but that doesn't mean we really need to read it.