Yesterday on Pinstriped Bible
- Yankees 1, Red Sox 5: Sabathia and the offense both struggle in loss
- Alfonso Soriano scratched with thumb sprain
- Yankees lineup vs. Red Sox; JR Murphy starts, David Phelps returns, Derek Jeter placed on the 60-day DL
- Yankees minor league year in review: Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders Hitters
- Alfonso Soriano's homering ways won't continue
Around the Internet
- New York Post | Joel Sherman: The reaction that Alex Rodriguez elicits at the ballpark is much different since the last time he was in Fenway.
- Batting Leadoff | Alex Smith: Phil Hughes can still be valuable as a free agent because his exciting stuff is still there, despite his disappointing career numbers.
- NoMaas | SJK: Hiroki Kuroda's recent struggles can be tied back to his rising home run rate in the last month.
- MLB Daily Dish | Matt Sullivan: Robinson Cano's list of possible suitors will go from the Yankees and Dodgers to the Cubs, Mets, and Orioles.
- LoHud | Chad Jennings: There's a possibility that Alex Rodriguez could become the regular DH for the rest of the season.
- NotGraphs | Carson Cistulli: Despite giving up a grand slam on Friday night, Preston Claiborne did throw some very effective curveballs.
- Joe Girardi said that if Francisco Cervelli didn't get hurt, Chris Stewart would have only played in about 60 games.
- With Brendan Ryan's home run on Friday, the Yankees have set a new franchise record for most players (23) to hit a home run in a season.
Questions of the Day
- With Gardner and Soriano out, who should play every day?
- What rookie showed the most promise in 2013?
- From where do you order food the most?
- What is your favorite college football team?
Coming Up Today