Yesterday on Pinstriped Bible
- Yankees 5, Orioles 4: Yankees inch closer to Wild Card position
- Derek Jeter's season over with another DL stint
- Yankees lineup vs. Orioles; A-Rod, Brendan Ryan, the Wild Card, and injury updates
- Yankees officially make WFAN their radio home
- The Mark Reynolds/Lyle Overbay platoon seems to be working
- These postseason-derailing losses to the Red Sox used to go the other way
- Could Brendan Ryan be a long-term solution at shortstop?
- Yankees 2013 MLB Draft class in review
- Yankees will make the move to WFAN in 2014
- Yankees injury updates: Rodriguez, Nova, Romine, Robertson, Logan
- Baby Bomber Recap 9/10/13: Mason Williams drives in three as Thunder take 1-0 series lead
Around the Internet
- CBS Sports | Jon Heyman: Derek Jeter has had such a good career that he doesn't need to try to come back and prove something.
- New York Daily News | Michael O'Keefe: A-Rod's lawyers are afraid the MLBPA won't defend the third baseman during his appeal hearing.
- New York Post | Ken Davidoff: Alex Rodriguez has been so good it leads to the question of whether or not fans should want him suspended or not.
- NoMaas | SJK: It might be better for the long term health of the organization if the Yankees didn't make the playoffs.
- New York Post | Ken Davidoff: The Yankees are so close to a playoff spot, so it's easy to ask what could have been if CC Sabathia didn't have a terrible season.
- It's About the Money | Brad Vietrogoski: Alex Rodriguez has been hitting right-handed pitching after struggling against them last year.
- USA Today | Bob Nightengale: The Yankees will pay a record $29 million in luxury tax, which is more than the Houston Astros total payroll.
- Baseball Nation | Grant Brisbee: Everything you probably need to know about Brendan Ryan, from glove, to bat, to mustache.
- LoHud | Chad Jennings: Alex Rodriguez has gone from distraction to productive member of the team.
- The Yankees have given up rookie ball pitching prospect Yoelly Bello as the player to be named later for Chris Nelson.
- Brett Marshall finished fifth in strikeouts in the International League.
- Brendan Ryan will not be eligible for the playoffs because he was not in the organization by August 31.
- Gary Sanchez has been described as having an 80 arm.
Questions of the Day
- Should the Yankees be starting Phil Hughes?
- Who did you want to get a call up that didn't get one?
- What would you name your very own minor league team?
- Do you have straight or curly hair?
Coming Up Today