Yesterday on Pinstriped Bible
- Yankees 2, Orioles 4: Bats fall asleep in series opener
- Yankees lineup vs. Orioles: Jeter & Stewart out, A-Rod bats second, Zoilo returns
- Top 10 craziest game endings in Yankees history (Part 1, #10-6)
- Yankees weekly preview: Can the Bombers rebound and stay in the hunt?
- Yankees minor league year in review: Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders Pitchers
- Picking up the pieces
- Is Phil Hughes really a bust?
Around the Internet
- New York Post | Joel Sherman: Could there be a chance that Derek Jeter, Andy Pettitte, and Mariano Rivera all retire in the offseason?
- Yahoo! Sports | Jeff Passan: Eduardo Nunez is the worst defender since defensive metrics were invented and CC Sabathia has the worst fastball in baseball.
- Hardball Times | Nick Fleder: A look at the AL East and how the playoff race is shaping up in September.
- It's About the Money | MJ Radolf: If the Yankees find themselves in a big game situation, Hiroki Kuroda should get the start over CC Sabathia.
- LoHud | Chad Jennings: Chris Stewart has a strained ligament on the top of his foot, presumably from when he tried to dodge a HBP in the Red Sox series.
- Fox Sports | Ken Rosenthal: Derek Jeter might have to focus on his recovery from injury and forfeit the rest of the season.
- Fangraphs | Dave Cameron: Hiroki Kuroda is the only Yankees pitcher that should definitely be given a qualifying offer, while Phil Hughes should be allowed to walk.
- It's About the Money | Michael Eder: The are plenty of ways for Joe Girardi to help fix the bullpen, from allowing CC Sabathia and Ivan Nova to go longer into games to giving Dellin Betances and Cesar Cabral more innings.
- Travis Hafner was with the team taking batting practice before last night's game.
- Both David Huff and Phil Hughes were listed as available relievers, so it's possible they will be replaced by someone else.
Questions of the Day
- Would you make any changes to the coaching staff in 2014?
- Who will be the Yankees' most valuable reliever down the stretch?
- What is one thing you did over the weekend?
- Do you use chopsticks?
Coming Up Today