Yesterday on Pinstriped Bible
- Yankees 2, Rays 4: Bad inning wrecks Sabathia's good start
- Yankees lineup vs. Rays: Brett Gardner sits after last night's hit by pitch
- Derek Jeter and the Yankees should let Bob Sheppard rest in peace
- David Cone loves Pinstriped Bible
- Yankees youngest pitcher: Neal Brady
- Baby Bomber Recap 8/23/13: Dellin Betances strikes out six in RailRiders win
Around the Internet
- The Wall Street Journal | Dan Barbarisi: Shawn Kelley was prepared for a life after baseball, but a pitchers duel between him and David Price in the College World Series put him on the map.
- Times-Tribune | Donnie Collins: The question of Derek Jeter's health remains, but his performance at Triple-A is at least enough to show he can play.
- Fangraphs Community Research | Stats All Folks: Hiroki Kuroda's splitter generates some of the weakest contact in baseball.
- Joe Blogs | Joe Posnanski: Estimating what Joe DiMaggio's and others' numbers might have looked like if they didn't lose time during World War II.
- ESPN Outside the Lines | Pedro Gomez: Miguel Tejada agreed to his suspension for amphetamines in order to avoid punishment for a connection with Biogenesis.
- CBS Sports | Dayn Perry: The Yankees lost the EOB Championship belt to the Tampa Bay Rays.
- It has been confirmed that Derek Jeter will be returning to the Yankees on Monday.
- Lyle Overbay is still feeling sick.
- Chien-Ming Wang is back up with the Blue Jays.
- Phil Hughes could fit in on the Minnesota Twins since they have a big ballpark and they'd be buying low.
Questions of the Day
- Who should be the setup man next season?
- Who will be the starting left fielder next season?
- If you were a government agent, what organization would you work for?
- What television show are you currently into?
Coming Up Today