Yesterday on Pinstriped Bible
- Yankees off night open thread: AL East scoreboard watching and more Alex Rodriguez
- The demotion of Preston Claiborne: a Shakespearean tragedy
- What can Brett Gardner get in free agency?
- Progress report on the Yankees' 2013 MLB draft picks
- Chad Curtis and tainted memories
- Baby Bomber Recap 8/18/13: Eric Jagielo has career day, three affiliates walk it off
Around the Internet
- New York Daily News | Shayna Jacobs: The woman who once tried to blackmail Brian Cashman is now claiming that A-Rod's new lawyer has a conflict of interest because his firm is representing her in a case against the Yankees GM.
- ESPN Outside the Line | T.J. Quinn: Alex Rodriguez allegedly paid Anthony Bosch not once, but twice and MLB might try to use the second "accidental" transaction as proof that A-Rod was trying to tamper with the Biogenesis investigation.
- Fox Sports | Ken Rosenthal: A-Rod and MLB discussed a much shorter 50-game suspension back in April, but he didn't agree to it.
- It's About the Money | Brad Vietrogoski: Demoting Preston Claiborne makes no sense when Adam Warren and Joba Chamberlain have been worse.
- CBS Sports | Dayn Perry: The Yankees won their series against the Red Sox and they retain the EOB Championship belt.
- It's About the Money | Michael Eder: Alex Rodriguez has changed the dynamic of the Yankees on and off the field and has brought an energy back that hasn't been seen in a long time.
- Baseball Nation | Grant Brisbee: Alex Rodriguez can teach you the proper way to eat sunflower seeds.
- Fangraphs | David Laurila: Several players were asked what statistic is best for evaluating pitchers and CC Sabathia and Joba Chamberlain both said ERA.
- LoHud | Chad Jennings: Alfonso Soriano was named the American League Player of the Week after putting up ridiculous numbers.
- Baseball Nation | Rob Neyer: Somehow Ryan Dempster made us root for Alex Rodriguez.
- It's About the Money | Brad Vietrogoski: Alex Rodriguez made fun of David Ortiz's home run celebration and it was awesome.
- ESPN New York | Associated Press: Derek Jeter hit against a minor league pitcher in his first simulated game.
- New York Daily News | Andy Martino: Can the Yankees mae a playoff run with a new offense?
- MLB is reviewing the Ryan Dempster hit by pitch to determine whether or not he should be suspended.
- Alex Rodriguez has filed a medical malpractice with the Yankees medical staff.
- Bryan Mitchell and Manny Barreda have been promoted to Double-A Trenton.
- The Dodgers have said that they are not looking to sign Robinson Cano or any expensive free agents in the offseason.
- The Yankees have released Luis Cruz.
Questions of the Day
- Should Ryan Dempster be suspended?
- Who should make up the Yankees outfield next season?
- What will you miss most about summer?
- How did you spend your night when with no Yankee baseball?
Coming Up Today