Yesterday on Pinstriped Bible
- Alex Rodriguez begins process of filing medical grievance against Yankees
- Yankees lineup vs. Red Sox; Alex Rodriguez vs. the Yankees rages on
- Yankees throwdown: Jason Giambi vs. Mark Teixeira
- Yankees Prospect Greg Bird: Time to buy into the hype?
- Pondering Derek Jeter's future with the Yankees
- Baby Bomber Recap 8/17/13: Position players pitching again
Around the Internet
- Sports Illustrated | Cliff Corcoran: If you didn't hear already, Ryan Dempster intentionally hit Alex Rodriguez and it sent the game, and Joe Girardi, into a frenzy.
- New York Post | Mike Vaccaro: Alex Rodriguez is viewed as the biggest criminal in baseball, but he's never gotten a DUI or gotten into a bar fight, like other players have.
- Yahoo! Sports | Mark Townsend: Alfonso Soriano has been so good for the Yankees that he's been historic.
- CBS Sports | Mike Axisa: Ex-Yankee Doug Mientkiewicz and now manager of the Minnesota Twins' High-A team, got in the middle of a benches-clearing brawl.
- It's About the Money | MJ Radolf: Can the Yankees make a run for the playoffs this season?
- New York Post | Kevin Kernan: The Yankees have a bumpy road ahead of them on their way back to AL East contention.
- It's About the Money | Stacey Gotsulias: A rant about how bad ESPN Sunday night games are the worst and they need to stop showcasing Yankees-Red Sox games.
- Star-Ledger | Andy McCullough: Brian Cashman speaks about Alex Rodriguez, defending the Yankees medical staff and voicing his distrust of his third baseman.
- NotGraphs | David G. Temple: If you ever wondered what A-Rod's camp looked like, here you go.
- MLB supposedly offered A-Rod a 50-game suspension back in April, but he declined.
- Brian Cashman said he has no update on Derek Jeter because he's been so consumed by Alex Rodriguez.
- Derek Jeter will play a simulated game, but will not run the bases or return on Tuesday.
Questions of the Day
- What is your opinion about Alex Rodriguez getting plunked?
- Should CC Sabathia be removed from the rotation?
- How big of a bat flip would you have if you played baseball?
- If you started an MLB team where would it be located and what would you name it?
Coming Up Today
- Baby Bomber Recap 8/18/13 @ 9 am
- Chad Curtis and Tainted Memories @ 11 am
- What can Brett Gardner get in free agency? @ 2 pm
- Joe Girardi's Binder: Starting Lineup Guide @ 3 pm