Yesterday on Pinstriped Bible
- Yankees 11, Angels 3: Soriano destroys baseballs, Yanks club Weaver
- Yankees lineup vs. Angels; five contracts worse than Alex Rodriguez's
- Alex Rodriguez reportedly tells Robinson Cano he shouldn't sign with the Yankees
- Mark Montgomery and the terrible, no good, very bad season
- Mariano Rivera's blown saves: Is it time to worry about the greatest closer ever?
- Alex Rodriguez will fight MLB's claims that he has been using steroids for years
- Yankees prospects: Cito Culver finally makes it to Tampa
- Boone Logan and his maddeningly Janus-like season
- Baby Bomber Recap 8/13/13: Cito Culver doubles in High-A debut
Around the Internet
- Fox Sports | Ken Rosenthal: Will Robinson Cano be a lifelong Yankee?
- New York Post | Howie Kussoy: Alex Rodriguez has been dropped from his role in Henry & Me.
- LoHud | Chad Jennings: After Francisco Cervelli, Chris Stewart and Austin Romine have tried to fill the void and Romine is starting to pull away.
- It's About the Money | Brad Vietrogoski: Joe Girardi keeps making the right call when dealing with playing time and platooning players.
- It's About the Money | Michael Eder: The Yankees could look into trading for Paul Konerko, Justin Morneau, Michael Young, and others.
- New York Post | Mark Hale: Hiroki Kuroda is still unsure what he he wants to do in 2014, but he did admit that he wasn't necessarily looking to retire in Japan.
- MiLB.com | David Driver: Get to know former 50th-round draft pick Nik Turley as he continues to defy the odds.
- Fangraphs Community Research | Ryan Kruse: Chris Stewart could be one of the most predictable hitters in baseball.
- H4TV | Gershon Rabinowitz: An interview with Yankees pitching prospect Rookie Davis.
- Travis Hafner won't be ready to return from the DL until September.
- Eduardo Nunez and Alfonso Soriano combined for 10 RBI on Tuesday, which was the first time the top two hitters have done that in franchise history.
- Alfonso Soriano is the first Yankee ever to have at least six RBI in back to back games.
- The Yankees could be calling up David Huff for Tuesday's doubleheader against the Blue Jays.
Questions of the Day
- Who should start the second game of the doubleheader on Tuesday?
- Should the Yankees try to sign Jose Abreu?
- If you could have a swimming pool shaped like something, what would it be?
- Do you prefer Fangraphs or Baseball-Reference?
Coming Up Today
- Baby Bomber Recap 8/14/13 @ 9 am
- Yankees prospect Slade Heathcott's season might be over @ 10 am
- The rise, death and return of the homer @ 11 am
- The Yankees have no choice but to hope Phil Hughes turns it around @ 12 pm
- Errors, and how it apparently gets harder to make them every year in Major League Baseball @ 3 pm
- New York Yankees vs. Los Angeles Angels at 1:05 pm (12:30 pm game thread)