Yesterday on Pinstriped Bible
- Derek Jeter could be activated this Sunday
- Yankees 6, Rays 10: Soriano doesn't help
- Yankees trades: Alfonso Soriano and cash acquired for Corey Black
- Yankees lineup vs. Rays, Soriano starting in left, & trade rumor updates on Rios and Young
- The Yankees-Rangers series: A season in microcosm
- Yankees Prospect Interview: Brady Lail
- Corey Black: A nice prospect, but certainly worth Alfonso Soriano
- Alfonso Soriano trade: Should the Yankees try Vernon Wells at first base now?
- Corey Black going to the Cubs for Alfonso Soriano
- Yankees GIFs of the Week: Stewart pumped, Nunez stumbles, and Gardner gets a gift
- MLB Trade Rumors: Yankees and Cubs agree to Alfonso Soriano trade, MLB approves (maybe)
- Baby Bomber Recap 7/24/13: RailRiders pitchers combine for gem in 20-inning win
Around the Internet
- Baseball Prospectus | Ben Lindbergh: The Yankees traded for Alfonso Soriano to improve upon the worst right-handed hitting team of all time.
- CBS Sports | Scott Miller: Trading for Alfonso Soriano might not be pretty, but he will be helpful against left-handed pitchers.
- New York Post | Joel Sherman: All the drama surrounding Alex Rodriguez has pushed his career from remarkable to ridiculous.
- It's About the Money | Brad Vietrogoski: In the last week, Austin Romine might actually be showing signs of life with the bat.
- Penn League Report | Matt Filippi: A team report on the Staten Island Yankees with comments about Eric Jagielo, Michael O'Neill, Brandon Thomas and other 2013 MLB Draft picks.
- Notgraphs | Mike Bates: A list of those that the evil Alex Rodriguez has killed.
- NoMaas believes the Yankees have become a one-trick pony when it comes to acquiring talent.
- 2013 draft pick Ty Afenir has been promoted to Low-A Charleston.
- In the Alfonso Soriano deal, the Yankees are paying $1.8 million this year and $5 million next year, leaving the Cubs to pay $18 million.
- Alex Rodriguez did non-baseball activity yesterday and will do tee and toss and defensive drill today.
- Francisco Cervelli's broken finger is feeling sore and he will be re-examined.
- The Yankees signed Brendan Harris and assigned him to Triple-A Scranton.
- Apparently Yankees farmhand Zachary Varce's agent was on To Catch a Predator.
Questions of the Day
- Do you like the Soriano trade?
- Will Derek Jeter play for the Yankees this weekend?
- Are you more likely to dive, jump, or cannonball into a pool?
- How good are you at parallel parking?
Coming Up Today