Yesterday on Pinstriped Bible
- Yankees 6, Rays 2: The Zoilo Show
- Yankees rumors: Robinson Cano and Yankees far apart on extension talks
- Michael Pineda to start in Trenton on Tuesday
- Yankees lineup vs. Rays, Reid Brignac Designated for Assignment & minor league moves
- Robinson Cano can't do it alone
- MLB Trade Rumors: Cubs could move Nate Schierholtz, Yankees should have interest
- An Interview with Jordan Barnes, Yankees 15th round draft pick
- Could Michael Pineda take Phil Hughes' spot in the Yankees rotation?
- Baby Bomber Recap 6/20/13: Michael Pineda strikes out three in Tampa rehab start
Around the Internet
- Selling Low - New York Post | Joel Sherman: The Yankees need to sell low on Joba Chamberlain and/or Phil Hughes and hope they can improve the lineup.
- The Offense is Offensive - It's About the Money | Brad Vietrogoski: If the Yankees want to upgrade their offense, it wouldn't even take blockbuster trades to improve it, smaller trades could help them find the next Vernon Wells and Travis Hafner.
- What is this Pitcher Worth? - Wall Street Journal | Dan Barbarisi: Despite his inconsistencies, Phil Hughes will get paid when he reaches free agency because of the promise of an elite pitcher he brings.
- Batty - New York Daily News | Mark Feinsand: Vernon Wells' slump, or whatever you want to call it, coincided with the Yankees' fall, but he's going to keep working until he gets it right.
- High Strikeout Rates - It's About the Money | Michael Eder: The more David Phelps pitches, the more he shows that he is a legitimate MLB starter, but he will have to maintain a high strikeout rate if he wants to pitch in Yankee Stadium.
- Finally, You Are Better - Notgraphs | Mike Bates: Lou Gehrig is better than you at everything, but there's one thing you might beat him on.
- The Time Has Arrived - LoHud | Chad Jennings: Zoilo Almonte had quite a game yesterday and he and Joe Girardi had a lot to say about it.
- Ivan Nova will be called up to make the start on Sunday.
- Zoilo Almonte is going to have the team sign his home run ball, then is going to give it to his mom.
- Here is the Mariano Rivera retirement patch.
- Mark Teixeira will see a doctor this weekend about his wrist.
- Curtis Granderson will do strength exercises for his hand now that he had the pin removed.
- Caleb Cotham and Jose Ramirez have both been sent back down to Double-A.
- The Yankees signed Corey Patterson and assigned him to Triple-A.
- The Yankees signed Brent Lillibridge and assigned him to Triple-A.
- Peter O'Brien has been promoted to High-A and will play third base, since Gary Sanchez is still there.
- Mark Montgomery is back on the disabled list at Triple-A.
Questions of the Day
- Would you ever go to an All-Star Game?
- Which prospects should be untouchable in a potential deadline deal?
- What is your favorite city in America?
- How many Apple products do you own?
Coming Up Today