After being suspended earlier today for 211 games by MLB, Alex Rodriguez will make his 2013 debut tonight in Chicago against the White Sox. While the Yankees have added him to their roster, one name has disappeared from the lineup card.
Lightning Rod Lineup: Gardner 8, Soriano DH, Cano 4, Rodriguez 5, Wells 3, Granderson 7, Suzuki 9, Nunez 6, Stewart 2, Pettitte 1.— Andy McCullough (@McCulloughSL) August 5, 2013
Derek Jeter is not on the lineup card.— Andy McCullough (@McCulloughSL) August 5, 2013
This seems to suggest that the Grade 1 calf strain will force Derek Jeter back to the disabled list yet again. This is the second muscle strain he has suffered since trying to return to the lineup from a broken ankle suffered in last year's ALCS.
Vernon Wells is getting a change of scenery, making the start at first base for the first time in his major league career. Brent Lillibridge seems to be the casualty for A-Rod's return to the roster and David Adams was also recalled from Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.
Also noteworthy ... Adams called up... Lillebridge not on roster #yankees— Meredith Marakovits (@M_Marakovits) August 5, 2013
More from Pinstriped Bible:
- Biogenesis Suspensions: Does Cervelli's suspension open the door for Romine?
- Michael Weiner: Alex Rodriguez appeal verdict will likely come after 2013 season
- Alex Rodriguez suspension: A-Rod and Yankees release statements
- Alex Rodriguez suspension: MLBPA releases statement backing A-Rod
- Thomas Neal claimed by Cubs