I'm prefacing this by saying that I'm not a baseball writer. Not at all, not even with a little hint of knowing anything about advanced metrics or even having the motivation to check each teams blog to find out if these players are in any sore of competition this spring, so I'm just laying out the stats. I'm sure some are and the ones that I'm sure of, I will note. Without further ado, I give you the NL Central former Yankees and former Yankees Farmhands current 2014 ST stats as of March 17.
- Brett Marshall (RHP): 9.0 IP, , 1ER, 7BB, 11K, 1.56 WHIP, .219 OPP AVG
- Chien-ming Wang (RHP): 7.0 IP, 10H, 3ER, 0BB, 7K, 1.43 WHIP, .323 OPP AVG
- Chris Nelson (3B): .333/.333/.542, 3xbh (1 HR), 1BB, 3K, 24AB
- Walt Ibarra (SS): 1-1 (single)
- Darnell McDonald (OF): .200/.368/.200, 0xbh, 4BB, 3K, 15AB
- Arodys Vizcaino (RHP): 3.0 IP, 2H, 0ER, 1BB, 2K, 1.00 WHIP, .200 OPP AVG
MILWAUKEE BREWERS: Competition for Brew Crew first baseman.
- Lyle Overbay (1B): .182/.379/.182, 0xbh, 7BB, 9K, 22AB
- Mark Reynolds (1B): .172/.314/.207, 1 2B, 4BB, 8K, 29AB
ST. LOUIS CARDINALS:
- Randy Choate (LHP): 5.2 IP, 2H, 0ER, 2BB, 6K, 0.71 WHIP, .111 OPP AVG
- Chris Dickerson (OF): .375/.464/.458, 2 2B, 4BB, 6K, 24AB
- Cody Eppley (RHP): 5.1 IP, 8H, 2ER, 1BB, 3K, 1.69 WHIP, .348 OPP AVG
- Russell Martin (C): .381/.458/.1.000, 5 xbh (4 HR), 2BB, 4K, 21AB
- Mark Melancon (RHP): 3.0 IP, 3H, 1ER, 0BB, 3K, 1.00 WHIP, .273 OPP AVG
- Chris Stewart (C): .000/.071/.000, 0xbh, 1BB, 0K, 13AB
- Jose Tabata (OF): .120/.120/.120, 0xbh, 0BB, 5K, 25AB
Its not much, but it passes the time and gives us something to talk about. Any surprises? Anyone you wish you had back?