Yesterday on Pinstriped Bible
- Indians 4, Yankees 7 : Scoring runs proves a sound strategy
- Yankees lineup vs. Indians: Lyle Overbay starting in the outfield
- Steinbrenner: We've been disappointed in Alex Rodriguez
- Michael Pineda could begin Minor League rehab assignment soon
- Extension on the way for Joe Girardi?
- Chris Stewart and the art of catching
- Top 100 Yankees: #99 George Pipgras
- Baby Bomber Recap 6/2/13: Carmen Angelini picks up six hits in two wins for Tampa
Around the Internet
- The Team that Pulls Together - It's About the Money | William Tasker: The Yankees are really bad at going the opposite way and are way above the average on going to the pull side.
- The Rookie - Wall Street Journal | Dan Barbarisi: Preston Claiborne has been impressive, but Joba Chamberlain, seeing similarities to his rookie season, is helping him fit in and be comfortable in the majors.
- Another Step Back - Captain's Blog - William Juliano: Phil Hughes is a mediocre pitcher because he can never put hitters away, but in 2013 he's been good in 0-2 counts and terrible in all counts after that.
- RailRider Thoughts - Times-Tribune | Donnie Collins: Thomas Neal can help the Yankees right now in some way, while Brett Marshall is a complete mess right now and Vidal Nuno and Ivan Nova have yet to join the RailRiders.
- An Inning - Fangraphs | Jeff Sullivan: Take a look at Mariano Rivera's command in a single inning of work.
- Now He's An Outfielder - CBS Sports | Danny Knobler: The Yankees' lineup is so bad right now that Lyle Overbay's .750 OPS is indispensable enough to turn him into an outfielder.
- All-Prospect Team - Baseball America | Matt Eddy: Rafael De Paula has made Baseball America's all-prospect team for the month of May with a 1.69 ERA and a 12.4 K/9.
- A Tale of Six Shortstops | Replacement Level Yankees Weblog | SG: The slew of shortstops the Yankees have used this season could all be statistically combined and still get beat out by Derek Jeter 's projections for both offense and defense.
- A Yankees fan was attacked and nearly killed at Camden Yards for wearing a Yankees hat to an Orioles-Nationals game.
- The Charleston RiverDogs' Peanut Butter and Pepper Jelly Jalapeño Bacon Burger is on a list of the most outrageous foods at a minor league ballpark. What is thissss???
- The start time for the Yankees' June 30 game in Baltimore has been pushed back from 1:35 pm to 8:05 pm, 'cause ESPN.
- Chien-Ming Wang was the International League Player of the Week in Triple-A for making two great starts.
- Brennan Boesch will play first base in Scranton just in case Lyle Overbay doesn't work out in right field.
- Diego Moreno missed 2012 with Tommy John surgery and is now with the Tampa Yankees.
Questions of the Day
- Who is the most underrated player in the league that you would want on the Yankees?
- Is Vernon Wells just in a slump or is he back to be awful?
- What is your favorite arcade game?
- What is your favorite ride at any amusement park?
Coming Up Today
- The view from Section 312: Monday night's game as seen from the upper deck @ 9 am
- Baby bomber Recap 6/3/13: Ronnier Mustelier & Melky Mesa homer in ugly loss @ 10 am
- MLB draft coverage from Baseball America @ 1 pm
- Sabermetric primer: a conversation on WAR @ 3 pm
- New York Yankees vs. Cleveland Indians at 7:05 pm (Game Thread at 6:30 pm)