Yesterday on Pinstriped Bible
- Yankees 4, Rangers 3: Just enough homers
- Brian Cashman says Alex Rodriguez should shut up
- Michael Pineda pitches six scoreless innings in latest rehab start
- Mark Teixeira injury: Yankees, not WBC, now responsible for paying salary
- MLB Trade Rumors: White Sox are sellers, should Yankees be buyers?
- Yankees lineup vs. Rangers, Teixeira injury update
- Joe Girardi is taking roll and making up nicknames
- Baseball Prospectus' Mid-Season Top 50: Gary Sanchez ranks 26th
- Yu Darvish vs. Hiroki Kuroda: The rematch
- Yankees offensive struggles: shortstops and third basemen take the year off
- Baby Bomber Recap 6/24/13: Gary Sanchez hits eleventh homer of the season in Tampa win
Around the Internet
- War of Words - Yahoo! Sports | Jeff Passan: Brian Cashman's outburst over Alex Rodriguez had nothing to do with organizational etiquette, but was a personal attack against him.
- Yankees President - The Star-Ledger | Andy McCullough: Randy Levine answers questions about Alex Rodriguez, Mark Teixeira, the trade deadline, and adding payroll in 2014.
- Lack of Power - New York Post | Joel Sherman: The Yankees have absolutely no power from their right-handed hitters, since Mark Teixeira was the righty to have homered (before Jayson Nix did last night).
- Giving the Kids the Keys - It's About the Money | Brad Vietrogoski: Zoilo Almonte taking the starting job from Vernon Wells proves that the Yankees might finally be letting the kids play, but is David Adams really their best option?
- Not Always the Usual Suspects - LoHud | Chad Jennings: A rundown on all the Yankee rookies and what they have contributed to the team this season.
- Five Destinations - The Crawfish Boxes | David Coleman: The Yankees could be a a potential destination for Carlos Pena in a deadline deal in order to upgrade from Lyle Overbay.
- Strikeout Secret - The Wall Street Journal | Daniel Barbarisi: Shawn Kelley's up in strikeouts can be attributed to his understanding of how hitters think rather than any change in his physical game.
- Draft By Globetrotters - ESPN New York | Andrew Marchand: Mariano Rivera is now an honorary Globetrotter after he was drafted in their annual draft
- Relying on Zoilo - It's About the Money | Michael Eder: It's hard to know exactly what the Yankees have in Zoilo Almonte, but his offense could be helped now that he has moved from the pitcher-friendly ballparks in the minors to Yankee Stadium.
- Reid Brignac is now an unrestricted free agent.
- Aaron Judge could have been waiting to see how much money the Yankees had left over before he signed.
- Joe Girardi plans to slot Ivan Nova into the rotation at some point.
- Michael O'Connor, who pitched in the Yankees' system last year, has been given 50-game suspension for a PEDs violation.
- The Yankees have the worst right-handed hitters in the league.
- Buy Yankees Tickets: Go see the Yankees and Rangers play today for $10.
Questions of the Day
- Who will be the Yankees' rookie of the year this season?
- Who do you believe was more wrong, A-Rod or Cashman?
- What bug do you kill on the spot?
- What would your hypothetical pool be made in the shape of?
Coming Up Today
- Baby Bomber Recap 6/25/13: Jose Ramirez allows three hits across six shutout innings @ 9 am
- Looks who’s talking: Cashman rips A-Rod, but GM needs to take own advice @ 11 am
- Yankees Notes: Cano contract, Hughes should go, draft pick reality & more @ 3 pm
- New York Yankees vs. Texas Rangers at 7:05 pm (Game Thread at 6:30)