Yesterday on Pinstriped Bible
- Yankees 2, Athletics 3: Offense takes 17 of 18 innings off
- Derek Jeter has been cleared for baseball activities
- Old-Timers' Day roster announced
- Yankees lineup against Oakland, Fangraphs picks the American League All-Stars
- Yankees power outage
- Baby Bomber Recap 6/12/13: Cito Culver homers twice as Charleston wins big
Around the Internet
- Best Players from Down Under - Sports Illustrated | Cliff Corcoran: In celebration of MLB's 2014 Australian series, Ex-Yankee Graeme Lloyd made Sports Illustrated's list of best Australian baseball players at #3.
- The Van Doren Gene - Joe Blogs | Joe Posnanski: People want Andy Pettitte to be a Hall of Famer more than he deserves to be a Hall of Famer, just like people want Jack Morris to be.
- Light-Hitting Yankees - CBS Sports | Scott Miller: The Yankees are 27-4 when they score first, but their biggest struggle is getting ahead when they are already behind.
- Another Moment of Thanks - LoHud | Chad Jennings: Mariano Rivera delivered a pizza to a woman who works in the mailroom for the Oakland Athletics as a way of saying thanks for her 25 years of service.
- Not for the Reason You Think - It's About the Money | Brad Veitrogoski: Eric Jagielo recently claimed that he saw an opportunity at third base within the organization, but he wasn't referring to replace Alex Rodriguez right now, he meant that there is no one in the system that would be ahead of him.
- Jekyll and Hyde - Dan Rozenson | Beyond the Box Score: Phil Hughes struggles with inconsistent fastball command and when his mechanics are off he ends up throwing too many strikes over the heart of the plate.
- The Yankees reportedly offered David Ross two different deals in the offseason before he signed with the Red Sox.
- The Twins have signed Cody Eppley to a minor league deal.
Questions of the Day
- Who do you blame the most for yesterday's loss?
- What do the Yankees do about third base?
- What time do you usually go to sleep?
- What is your favorite movie quote?
Coming Up Today