Yesterday on Pinstriped Bible
- Yankees 2, Mariners 1: Offense does just enough to win pitcher's duel
- Yankee Official: Do you think anyone buys a ticket to see Robbie Cano?
- Michael Pineda injury update: two hits allowed in first rehab appearance
- Yankees lineup against mariners, Kevin Youkilis not in lineup
- 2013 MLB Draft Results: Yankees 26-40 round selections - Josh Pettitte
- 2013 MLB Draft Results: Full list of Yankees' picks
- Baby Bomber Recap 6/8/13: Michael Pineda's rehab appearance postponed for rain
Around the Internet
- Strikeouts - The Star-Ledger | Andy McCullough: Not even Shawn Kelley knows how he's striking out so many batters and a collection of players, coaches and agents try to figure out how he's doing it. Right now he has a 14.66 K/9 on the season and had a 17.72 K/9 in the month of May.
- Injury Notes - LoHud | Chad Jennings: Kevin Youkilis is dealing with his back, Michael Pineda is rehabbing, Ivan Nova is at the top of the Triple-A pecking order after Vidal Nuno went on the DL, and Derek Jeter is going to the doctor on Thursday.
- Send Him Down - NoMaas | SJK: It's time the Yankees sent David Adams back down to Triple-A so he can figure out how to hit again and they can call up another outfielder.
- Postgame Notes - LoHud | Chad Jennings: Joe Girardi discusses his decision to keep Chris Stewart in the game in the ninth inning yesterday; David Phelps pitched well, but still battled.
- Talking With His Bat - New York Daily News | Mark Feinsand: Alex Rodriguez continues his rehab by throwing long toss, fielding balls hit directly at him, running in an arc, taking batting practice, and hitting home runs.
- Biogenesis - New York Daily News | Mike Lupica: People say that Anthony Bosch has no credibility in the Biogenesis case, but do any of the players?
- Rehab - Newsday | Anthony Rieber: Michael Pineda had his first rehab start and it went pretty well, but what did he, his coach and a scout have to say about it?
- No Response - New York Times | Ken Belson: A Japanese baseball team wanted to work out a deal to bring Alex Rodriguez over to play Japanese ball, but the Yankees never responded.
- Eduardo Nunez has resumed his rehab from an oblique strain.
- Vidal Nuno and Brennan Boesch have both been placed on the Triple-A disabled list.
- Buy Yankees Tickets: You can see Dodgers vs. Yankees at Yankee Stadium for less than $20.
Questions of the Day
- Who should be Girardi's seventh inning guy?
- Do the Yankees need to acquire someone before the trade deadline? Who?
- How long is your commute to work/school?
- What is your favorite kind of sandwich?
Coming Up Today
- Baby Bomber Recap 6/9/13: Tyler Austin doubles twice in Thunder walk-off win
- Yankees Weekly Report Card: 6/2/13 - 6/8/13 @ 11 am
- Off day open thread: The make your own Sterling call edition @ 6 pm