Yesterday on Pinstriped Bible
- Yankees 3, Rockies 2: Unusual scorecard is unimportant as it ends in a Yankee win
- What in the world is a Refsnyder?
- Taking a look at Yankees minor league hitters' platoon splits
- Yankees' first round pick Ty Hensley to miss 2013 after hip surgery
- Lightning in a bottle
- Baby Bomber Recap 5/7/13: Brett Marshall strikes out season-high eight batters
Around the Internet
- Rehab Assignment - YES Network: Curtis Granderson will be starting his rehab assignment tomorrow as he plays for the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders. It has been previously mentioned that he will get playing time at all three outfield spots.
- Feels Good - YES Network | Lou DiPietro: Ivan Nova pitched four-plus innings in an extended spring training game. He felt better than he expected and his arm responded well to the work, so he will be eligible to come off the DL on Sunday and could be called upon to start one of the two games in the Yankees' doubleheader against the Cleveland Indians.
- Facing the A-Rod Reality - Sports on Earth | Emma Span: People are going to have to come to terms with the fact that Alex Rodriguez isn't going anywhere any time soon. You can feel how you want about him, but demanding him to leave will only drive you crazy.
- Where Was Gardner - It's About the Money | Brad Vietrogoski: Brett Gardner was mysteriously left on the bench Tuesday night so Joe Girardi could play match ups and send out Ben Francisco instead, which makes no sense and failed like it was always meant to.
- Who's Hot - It's About the Money | Tamar Chalker: Rob Refsnyder, David Adams and Gabe Encinas highlight a breakdown of the the hottest players in the Yankee system.
- Underrated Pitchers - Fangraphs | Dave Cameron: Nine Asian-born pitchers, including Hiroki Kuroda, have, so far, combined to be about equal to one Justin Verlander season.
- Fringe Five - Fangraphs | Carson Cistulli: Corban Joseph was included in a list of baseball's top fringe prospects.
- Two-Hole: Joe Girardi has batted the Yankees' worst players second far too many times.
- Batting Practice: Michael Pineda had a home run smash through his windshield.
- Day-to-Day: Eduardo Nunez is still feeling some tightness.
- Pitching: Ivan Nova pitched yesterday and felt good, but needs to work on his control.
Questions of the Day
- What baseball player do you hate the most?
- How much money do you typically spend at a baseball game?
- Are you a superstitious person? If you are, about what?
- Will you wish Tanya a happy birthday?
Coming Up Today
- Baby Bomber Recap 5/8/13: Shane Greene strikes out twelve, Rob Refsnyder keeps rolling @ 9 am
- Mark Newman on the Yankees' farm: Montgomery, DePaula, Refsnyder, & more @ 12 pm
- Angel Hernandez has to be tossed: How HR Instant Replay works. @ 1:30 pm
- New York Yankees @ Colorado Rockies at 3:10 pm (Game Thread at 2:30 pm)