Yesterday on Pinstriped Bible
- Off Night Open Thread: Questions and Pinstriped Bible game recap records
- What have we learned about the Yankees through the first month of the season?
- Joba chamberlain placed on DL
- Over the hills and far away: The Yankees go into May
- The best and worst Yankee starts for April
- Cashman: Michael Pineda throwing 93-94 MPH
- Baby Bomber Recap 5/1/13: Mason Williams homers in Tampa win
- Yankees 5, Astros 4: Bullpen, Bob, and Pen
Around the Internet
- Who Takes the Spot? - New York Daily News | Mark Feinsand: Neither Ivan Nova or David Phelps have really asserted themselves as the better choice for the Yankees' fifth starter, but does it really matter?
- Who's to Blame - It's About the Money | Brad Vietrogoski: Playing Kevin Youkilis before his back was completely healed proved to be a mistake, but who is to blame from Joe Girardi, the training staff, Brian Cashman, and Youkilis himself? We'll never know.
- Temporary Need - LoHud | Chad Jennings: The Yankees traded for Chris Nelson, not because he is the perfect fit, but because he happened to be available and he could easily fill in a depleted infield.
- Still Looking to Define Himself - LoHud | Chad Jennings: David Phelps could have really grabbed hold of the reins and established himself with a good start, but he faltered and now has to wait for another opportunity.
- Injuries - The Star-Ledger | Any McCullough: Brian Cashman discussed the Yankees long list of injured players, including Joba Chamberlain, Alex Rodriguez, Derek Jeter, Mark Teixeira, as well as David Robertson, and Chien-Ming Wang.
- Call Up: Preston Claiborne has been called up to replace the injured Joba Chamberlain.
- Ground Ball Pitcher: Chien-Ming Wang currently has a 52.6% ground ball rate at Triple-A.
- Injury Revealed: Jose Campos suffered from a small fracture in his pitching elbow last season.
- Rehab: Alex Rodriguez has been cleared for baseball activities and Mark Teixeira will soon join him in Tampa.
- He's Back: Ronnier Mustelier was activated by the RailRiders and appeared in his first Triple-A game yesterday.
- Role Player: Brian Cashman discusses Chris Nelson's role on this team.
Questions of the Day
- Who would be the worst possible Yankee call up this season?
- If you created a new baseball team what would you name it and where would they play?
- What state were you born in?
- What was the best meal you ever cooked?
Coming Up Today
- Baby Bomber Recap 5/2/13: Brett Marshall pitches seven shutout innings in win @ 9 am
- A Quick Interview with Wade Boggs @ 12 pm
- Know Your 40: Preston Claiborne @ 3 pm
- New York Yankees vs. Oakland Athletics @ 7:05 pm (Game Thread @ 6:30 pm)