Yesterday on Pinstriped Bible
- Off Night Open Thread: How much credit does Kevin Long deserve?
- Mariano Rivera and the impossible expectations of future closers
- Jesus Montero demoted: What does it all mean for the Yankees?
- Chris Davis and Mark Teixeira: the changing fortunes of two former Texas first basemen
- I went to Camden Yards and all I got was this lousy walk-off loss
- Baby Bomber Recap 5/22/13: Dante Bichette Jr. pushes hit streak to eight games in win
Around the Internet
- Those Wacky Yankee Lineups - Wall Street Journal | Dan Barbarisi: The Yankees only have one catcher, so Joe Girardi had to decide on an emergency catcher and he chose Jayson Nix, though he preferred Ichiro.
- Everything Feels Good - LoHud | Chad Jennings: Curtis Granderson is healthy now and he just has to feel comfortable at the plate again and get his timing back.
- What If? - Beyond the Box Score | Andrew Ball: People have talked about having Mariano Rivera start the All-Star Game, but what would we expect from him if he became a starter for the Yankees?
- Should We Believe? - It's About the Money | Michael Eder: David Adams has been impressive in a limited amount of games, but how real is his bat if he probably won't be hitting with so much power?
- Four-Man Outfield - LoHud | Chad Jennings: Joe Girardi is still rotating the outfield as he tries to determine who will be playing everyday between Curtis Granderson, Vernon Wells, Brett Gardner, and Ichiro Suzuki.
- Derek Jeter might be using a fake name to get his morning coffee.
- Michael Pineda threw five innings in Tampa and was sitting at 93 mph.
- Hiroki Kuroda feels fine after bruising his calf.
- Joba Chamberlain will throw two inning in extended spring training on Saturday.
- Mark Teixeira could be heading to Double-A Trenton to start his rehab on Tuesday.
- Buy Yankees Tickets: There are still tickets available for the Subway series at Yankee Stadium at the end of the month.
Questions of the Day
- If you could have any manager throughout history to manage the Yankees who would it be?
- What has been your favorite game of the season so far?
- Where do you normally eat your meals?
- What sport are you the best at playing?
Coming Up Today