Yesterday on Pinstriped Bible
- Yankees 3, Orioles 6: Hiroki Kuroda gets hit by another ball
- Wednesday Yankees lineup vs. Orioles; a look at Memorial Day uniforms
- Sabermetric hitting primer: a conversation
- Camden Yards: Setting a new standard in stadium construction
- Baby Bomber Recap 5/21/13: Peter O'Brien stays hot in Charleston's shutout win
Around the Internet
- Rotation Legitimacy - It's About the Money | Brad Vietrogoski: If you compare David Phelps' first two seasons with Ivan Nova's and Phil Hughes' first two season, Phelps is the one that comes out on top.
- Starter or Reliever - Fangraphs | JD Sussman: Jose Ramirez might be destined for the bullpen because he struggles with efficiency, his breaking ball doesn't put hitters away, and his delivery has a noticeable effort and recoil to it.
- Continuing to Contribute - Replacement Level Yankees Weblog: Lyle Overbay has been good in filling in for Mark Teixeira, but when Tex comes back Overbay should stay on to either provide injury depth or platoon at first base.
- A Decision That Has to Be Made - The Times–Tribune | Donnie Collins: Chien-Ming Wang's next opt out date is May 31, but it doesn't seem like he's shown enough to really find a role with the team, so what do you do with him?
- Big Chance - It's About the Money | Michael Eder: Reid Brignac could force Jayson Nix off the roster as a backup because he has more breakout potential as a 27-year-old and would complement Eduardo Nunez and Kevin Youkilis.
- Success - CBS Sports | Danny Knobler: The Yankees have found success from their veterans, but it is hitting coach Kevin Long who has turned them back into productive players.
- Rejuvenated - MiLB | Guy Curtright: Rob Refsnyder attributes his rough 2012 season to exhaustion from the College World Series, but now he's back to hitting like he always has.
- Austin Romine is the first Yankee rookie catcher to start four straight games since Jorge Posada in 1997.
- The Yankees are ranking at the bottom of the league in pitches per plate appearance.
- CC Sabathia will get an extra day of rest and will now pitch on Sunday instead of Saturday.
- Kevin Youkilis, Mark Teixeira hit in simulated games, Joba Chamberlain threw an inning and Eduardo Nunez took BP.
- Joe Girardi implied that the outfield rotation will come to an end in order to have the same lineup every night.
Questions of the Day
- What one Yankee prospect would you want up in the majors right now?
- What one former Yankee never gets the credit they deserve?
- Do you collect anything? If so what or if not what would you want to collect?
- What is the worst movie you have seen in the past six months?
Coming Up Today
- Baby Bomber Recap 5/22/13: Dante Bichette Jr. pushes hit streak to eight games in win @ 9 am
- I went to Camden Yards and all I got was this lousy walkoff loss @ 12 pm
- Masahiro Tanaka to post in 2014: Will the Yankees be interested? @ 3 pm
- Mariano Rivera and the impossible expectations of future closers @ 5 pm