Yesterday on Pinstriped Bible
- Yankees 7, Blue Jays 2: Cano hits two two-run home run
- MLB owners meeting: A community discussion
- Yankees acquire infielder Reid Brignac from Rockies
- Baby Bomber Recap 5/17/13: Ronnier Mustelier picks up three hits in RailRiders' win
Around the Internet
- Shift to Left - New York Daily News | Andy Martino: Making Curtis Granderson a corner outfielder in his walk year might cost him millions in free agency by devaluing his bat, but he's not concerned about it.
- Out of Need - Baseball News Source | Vince Mercandetti: Joba Chamberlain should be traded because the Yankees could get something more valuable than a reliever, not because of any problems he may have cause in the clubhouse.
- Keep Your chin Up - New York Times | David Waldstein: Jayson Nix, of all people, gave Chris Nelson advice after he was designated for assignment to make room for David Adams.
- New Contract - New York Daily News | Mark Feinsand: Joe Girardi has kept an injury-riddled team in first place and he now he deserves a new contract for the things he has done.
- Pleasantly Surprised - The Star-Ledger | Andy McCullough: Hal Steinbrenner sat down for a Q & A session to talk about the $189M plan, Robinson Cano's contract, Joe Girardi, Brian Cashman and other fun stuff. He also says something pretty stupid about long-term contracts!
- Swinging: Eduardo Nunez is supposed to start swinging a bat soon.
- BP: Kevin Youkilis has been taking batting practice, but he's been moving along slowly.
- Troll GM: Apparently Brian Cashman is just trolling everyone with Ben Francisco.
- Claimed: The Angels claimed Chris Nelson off waivers.
- Duh: Lyle Overbay has finally decided that Robinson Cano is really really good.
- Signing: Infielder Gil Velazquez was released by the Yankees and is now signing with the Marlins.
- Collisions - Baseball Nation | Rob Neyer: Jimmy Paredes has no knocked down two fellow Astros second baseman while chasing balls in the outfield.
- Mainly Mental - Tampa Bay Times | Marc Topkin: Joe Maddon believes that the struggling Rays closer Fernando Rodney's problems are mainly mental.
- Ones Who Got Away - Los Angeles Times | Mike DiGiovanna: The Angels could put together a better rotation of pitchers who either didn't sign with them out of the draft or they didn't re-sign as free agents.
- Torn UCL - CBS Sports | Matt Snyder: The Braves have officially run their bullpen into the ground as both Jonny Venters and Eric O'Flaherty need Tommy John surgery.
Questions of the Day
- Which non-Cano batter do you feel most comfortable with at the plate right now?
- If you were the Steinbrenners, what deal would you offer Cano right now?
- Which social media site do you prefer?
- What was the last thing you ate?
Coming Up Today