Yesterday on Pinstriped Bible
- Yankees 5, Blue Jays 0: Hiroki Kuroda allows only two hits
- Andy Pettitte to the DL, Chris Stewart day-to-day, & tonight's lineup
- Recalling some MLB debuts of Yankees past and present
- Yankees 2013 Mock Drafts: Baseball America, Keith Law, John Sickels, Sports Illustrated, Jonathan Mayo
- Is Ichiro Done?
- Baby Bomber Recap 5/16/13: Rafael DePaula strikes out eleven as RiverDogs keep rolling
Around the Internet
- The Mo-volution of D-Rob - It's About the Money | Brad Vietrogoski: David Robertson has continued to improve over his major league career, but he has also learned a lot working alongside Mariano Rivera.
- Extension Talks - New York Post | Ken Davidoff: Hal Steinbrenner has stated that he and Robinson Cano's representatives have discussed an extension to prevent the star second baseman from leaving the Yankees.
- Object Lesson - Baseball Nation | Rob Neyer: For the 2013 season Phil Hughes has adopted a slider and scrapped his cutter, essentially making him a different pitcher, but in the end he looks exactly the same when you look at the results.
- Harsh Decline - CBS Sports | Mike Axisa: Ichiro Suzuki is old and his best years are behind him; now he us just a shell of his former self who is not very productive, despite the contract he was given, and doesn't look to be turning things around any time soon.
- Recalled - YES Network | Lou DiPietro: Dellin Betances is back in the Bronx and this time it's as a longman out of the bullpen after being transitioned into a reliever.
- Back in USA: The Yankees' Cuban left-hander Omar Luis will be on Short-Season Staten Island
- Ex-Yankee: The Hanshin Tigers want to sign David Aardsma after he was released by the Marlins.
- Rehab: Brian Cashman said that Mark Teixeira is close to rehab games, but he will take longer than Curtis Granderson did.
- Roster Move: The RailRiders have received former LAD/BAL prospect Josh Bell from extended spring training.
- Draft Prospect: Chris Anderson, projected to be a Yankees draftee by John Sickels, pitched 10 innings and faced 39 hitters in one game.
- Replay Expansion - LoHud | Chad Jennings: Discussion is going on as to how MLB should expand replay for the 2014 season. A small committee is formulating ideas on how best to implement technology into the game.
- Chase Headley - CBS Sports | Jon Heyman: Even with contract talks put on hold, the Padres still don't plan to trade the third baseman.
- Best Closer-Setup Man Combo - CBS Sports | Mike Axisa: Ex-Yankee reliever Mark Melancon is now the setup man for first time closer Jason Grilli and the two are dominating.
- Red Flags - NESN | Ricky Doyle: David Price has been placed on the DL with a left triceps strain and the Rays need to be careful with him.
Questions of the Day
- Which Yankees would you actually vote in as All-Stars?
- What kind of contract will Phil Hughes ultimately sign and with who?
- What is your favorite song title?
- What do you think Pinstriped Bible can do to bring in more commenters?
Coming Up Today