Yesterday on Pinstriped Bible
- Yankees 7, Indians 0: Nuno wins, Warren saves
- Yankees 0, Indians 1: Phelps impressive. No offense.
- Curtis Granderson returning? Brennan Boesch optioned to Triple-A
- Curtis Granderson's return imminent: Which Yankee outfielder should lose their spot?
- Baby Bomber Recap 5/12/13: Jose Ramirez strikes out nine in Thunder loss
Around the Internet
- It Takes More Than Just Money - It's About the Money | MJ Radolf: The Yankees have thrown money around and have seen only moderate success in the last decade, while holding back and using affordable complimentary pieces has given them a better chance to win.
- Smoke and Mirrors - It's About the Money | Brien Jackson: The Yankees are surprising people with their great start to the season, but they aren't getting lucky, they're performing over what is expected and may still fall down to Earth.
- Best Shot - Yahoo! Sports | Jeff Passan: Pitching wins might be meaningless, but if you put enough together it starts to paint a picture of superior performance and longevity. The 300 win milestone is becoming harder to reach, but CC Sabathia is the most likely pitcher to be able to reach it.
- Playing Time - New York Post | Joel Sherman: Joe Girardi will have his hands full trying to find playing time for Brett Gardner, Ichiro Suzuki and Vernon Wells when Curtis Granderson comes back. This could be a blessing as it will let him give everyone a break from playing every day.
- A Chance - LoHud | Chad Jennings: David Phelps, Adam Warren, Vidal Nuno and Preston Claiborne were never highly regarded prospects, but they now have a chance to contribute with the Yankees and have found success so far.
- Good Timing - YES Network | Lou DiPietro: Roster moves have presented opportunities for several Yankee prospects; Reegie Corona returned to Triple-A for the first time since 2010, Corban Joseph was added to the Yankees' roster, Brett Marshall was called up, and Nik Turley made a spot start for Scranton.
- Welcome Back: Curtis Granderson feels like he is ready and should be called up today.
- Playing Time: Brennan Boesch disliked the small role he was given and prefers to play every day.
- Replacements: The Yankees used 45 players in 2012 and Brett Marshall would already be #33 in 2013.
Questions of the Day
- Based on the team's needs, who will be the next prospect to get a chance with the Yankees?
- Should the Yankees have alternate road uniforms?
- What other sports teams do you root for?
- When do you check Pinstriped Bible during the day?
Coming Up Today
- Baby Bomber Recap 5/13/13: Gary Sanchez hits his seventh homer of the season in ugly Tampa loss @ 9 am
- Can Vernon Wells keep this up for the Yankees? @ 11 am
- Yankees Prospects: A scout's take on Sanchez, Heathcott, Austin, Williams and more @ 1 pm
- 300-Win Club: Will CC Sabathia be the next member? @ 3 pm
- Mariners history off the top of my head @ 5:30 pm
- New York Yankees vs. Seattle Mariners at 7:05 pm (Game Thread at 6:30 pm)