Yesterday on Pinstriped Bible
- Yankees 3, Royals 2: Wells rings the bells
- Are the Yankees playing over their heads?
- The story of the Evil Empire is entertaining
- MLB & Louisville Slugger enforcing exclusive rights overshadows the point of pink bats
- Curtis Granderson could return to the Yankees Tuesday
- Baby Bomber Recap 5/10/13: Rafael DePaula strikes out 12; wins for everyone
Around the Internet
- He's Not Baking Cookies - The Wall Street Journal | Dan Barbarisi: Have you noticed that oven mitt Brett Gardner wears on the base path? Well, it's part of his effort to find the perfect base running glove, which is the culmination of his search for the perfect base running glove.
- Velocity - The Times-Tribune | Donnie Collins: Mark Montgomery was passed over for a call up and it could be because of his down velocity this season. His walks have been higher, but he's still been very effective, so either the Yankees are splitting hairs or this is something to be concerned about.
- Don't Count Him Out - LoHud | Chad Jennings: Joba Chamberlain is on his way back and even though Shawn Kelley's ERA looks ugly, don't count him out just yet. As the season progresses his velocity goes up and he becomes more effective.
- Call Up - LoHud | Chad Jennings: The Yankees plan to bring David Adams up when he becomes eligible to be put back on the 40-man roster and they will give him a chance to start at third base.
- Rest of Season Projections - NoMaas | Martin Riggs: According to Fangraphs' new standing feature that incorporates season projections for the rest of the season, the Yankees are project to go slightly over .500, which would amount to an 86-win season and a playoff berth.
- Injuries - LoHud | Chad Jennings: Injury updates for Eduardo Nunez, Curtis Granderson, Derek Jeter, Alex Rodriguez, Kevin Youkilis and Mark Teixeira.
- Released: Gil Velazquez, Cody Johnson and Ryan Pope have been released from Scranton.
- No DL: Eduardo Nunez felt something in his rib cage and has been shut down.
- Draft: Baseball America has released their Top 100 Draft Prospects for the 2013 amateur draft. Remember that the Yankees have the 26th pick overall.
Questions of the Day
- Which Yankee is most likely going to regress this season?
- What non-Yankee reliever would you want on the Yankees?
- What planet would you most want to visit?
- Do you want more news posts or analysis posts, more prospect posts on Pinstriped Bible?
Coming Up Today
- Baby Bomber Recap 5/11/13: Curtis Granderson picks up two hits in RailRiders' win @ 8 am
- Yankees Weekly Report Card: 5/5/13 - 5/11/13 @ 10 am
- Joba Chamberlain publicly snips at Mariano Rivera, creates unnecessary spectacle @ 12 pm
- New York Yankees @ Kansas City Royals at 2:10 pm (Game Thread at 1:30)